Error: The task has failed to load. The contact information for this task is "cosmin.vlasiu@gmail.com".

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Windows server 2012
SQL 2012
VS 2010
SSISSFTPTASK110.DLL v2.0.0.10

I am able to create an SFTP Task and when I try to execute the task I get:

Task SFTP Task
  • Validation has started
  • Error: The task has failed to load. The contact information for this task is "cosmin.vlasiu@gmail.com".
  • Error: There were errors during task validation.
  • Validation is completed
  • Finished, 1:07:50 PM, Elapsed time: 00:00:00.031
Any help would be appreciated.
Jul 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I got the same error when trying to run the package as a Job. The solution was to set it to run as 32 bits: Right click Job, Click Properties - Select Step - Edit- Execution Options tab - Check "Use 32 bit runtime"
Aug 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM
I seem to get this error in certain circumstances with the same error message as listed above:
  • When I run SSDT (VS2010, SQL Server 2012) in Adminitrator Mode
  • When I try to copy the existing package to a new project.
Aug 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I have still not been able to get around the error. I am simply trying to run it in debug mode within SSIS and see the error in all circumstances.
Sep 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM
@jrtrujillo80, I have changed the project property but still getting the same error.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit.
Any help will be appreciated.
Regards,
Rakesh
Mar 20, 2015 at 7:27 PM
I'm having the same problem. I ran the ps script as an admin and copied the file to the c:\windows\asseebly folder. What am I missing?
Apr 15, 2015 at 5:03 PM
we're having the same issue, any thoughts?
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM
Try tu run the package in 32bit mode, I mean you have to disable 64 bit
Projetc/Propertie->Debug, there you'll find that item.

Regards,
Cosmin
May 19, 2015 at 8:33 PM
I tried the above and it still fails with the same Error: The task has failed to load. The contact information for this task is "cosmin.vlasiu@gmail.com".
Jul 27, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2015 at 4:27 PM
I have the same problem.

I changed the project to run on 32bit and the problem persists.

Is there any solution to this problem ?
Mar 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM
Same issue for me. Tried all of the above.
May 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM
I am using Visual Studio 2013, and was getting this error when I tried to Debug. But as Cosmin said, you need to do the following:
  1. Click on Project, Properties...
  2. Expand "Configuration Properties"
  3. Click "Debugging"
  4. Under "Debug Options", change "Run64BitRuntime" to "False"
This removed the error when I ran my package in Debug mode.
May 16, 2016 at 10:40 AM
Hi

I downloaded the latest build and got the same error as everyone. Changed the execution not to run under 64 bit but it still doesn't work.

I am using VS 2010 with WIN 8.1 64 bit.
Sep 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM
Hi All,

I am getting the same error and package is running as 32bit.

"Error: The task has failed to load. The contact information for this task is "cosmin.vlasiu@gmail.com"." Is there any solution to this problem ?
Nov 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM
I made the changes to run 32bit in debug option which resolved the issue ONLY when running visual studio in debug mode. When I created a job and executed it in SQL Server I get the same error that the task has failed to load even when I set the job to run as 32 bit runtime processing. I have tried many different approaches but I am still get the same error message.

I have updated to the latest version 3.0.0.00 and copied the dll file to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Tasks\SSISSFTPTask130.dll". I ran the PowerShell script which was successfully installed.

Environment:
SQL Server 2016
Visual Studio 2015
Windows 2012 R2

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this from failing as a job in SQL Server but not failing in VS in debug mode? Is there a check list to make sure from a configuration is proper?
Feb 10 at 4:04 PM
Hi All,

I am getting the same error and package is running as 32bit.

"Error: The task has failed to load. The contact information for this task is...."." Is there any solution to this problem ?

Please let me know if anybody got this issue solved ever.
Coordinator
Feb 11 at 6:53 PM
Hello,

Please let me know, did you registere the component to GAC?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Regards,
Cosmin
Feb 13 at 8:19 AM
Hi Cosmin,
Thank you for pointing me in correct direction, I overlooked an error which occurred during component registration. After resolving it works like a charm.
Regards
Mohit
Mar 10 at 4:12 AM
I got past this error by running powershell as admin and changing directory to the one with the ps1 file and then run ./xxxxx.ps1.
Now the script actually hits the sftp server but can deal with the key exchange. The Server is minimum ssh2.

Anyone still working with this.

Thanks
Robone
Oct 13 at 1:16 PM
open a powershell prompt and type codes below :
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.1 Tools"
./gacutil -i "D:\_MY_FILES\_Visual Studio Projects\_Prerequisities\SSIS SFTPtask Component\SSISSFTPTask120\SSISSFTPTask120.dll"
./gacutil -i "D:\_MY_FILES\_Visual Studio Projects\_Prerequisities\SSIS SFTPtask Component\SSISSFTPTask130\SSISSFTPTask130.dll"
it works for me, i hope for you too.