SQL 2012 Not supported

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Hello,

I have used your component before and it worked great, however I really need a version that will work with SQL 2012. Any plans on updating the component for this, or any suggestions on how to get it to work? I'm also using Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hi,

Any plans...? You have the source code... in fact you can download it ;-). You can compile it using .NET 4 (avoid client profile)... You copy the dll file into the specific already known folder... You start BIDS environment (2010) and normally in the "new" Toolbar the component will be loaded automatically. I don't have a plan to do it... I'm quite busy this period, but I will do it ... depends on my free time.

Thank you,

Cosmin

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hello Cosmin,

I have actually taken a look at the source code, but the main problem is that DTS packages are no longer supported in sql 2012. I'm working to see if I can create a work around for this. I have provided the article below for reference.

Thanks,

Whitney

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb500429(SQL.110).aspx

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Have you been able to find a solution for this?

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I really don't know... In fact there is a solution... but the problem is that I really don't know "when"... I'm pretty busy for a while and frankly I cannot promise something that cannot be done at a given moment. I would like though...

Regards,
Cosmin