SFTP Never stops

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I have downloaded and opened the SFTP control flow Item.  I have created all nessesary varialbe and when I execute the package it turns yellow and never completes. In the output section t get so Prepairing to copy the files  \\ x to / 

That is as far as it gets. 

What am I missing? 

Thanks

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:46 AM

That behavior occurs when you login/password aren't correct. That's an exemple. 

Can you send me the piece of log with the concerned problem?

Thank you

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Below is the outpt script.  I chanaged the port from 22 to 21 because the package bombs out if I am on 22 with an error message that says I have a wrong user name port, or password.  When I change the port to 21 it just stays yellow.  However if I use the regular out of the box ftp control flow item that SSIS has the URL, user name, and password work fine. 

I agree this has to be a password, url,. user name isssue when using port 22.  Guess I though changing it to 21 would get it to work like the one that out of the box ftp control package.

Here is the output code.

SSIS package "ExportCandidateFile.dtsx" starting.

Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: START SFTP Task

Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: The rendered local path is: \\bhihnbwfa01\Groups\HRR_WFA\400_Dbs\Staging\p879934242_baker OBE.txt

Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: SFTP Server: "transfer.euro.confirmit.com", User "PwC5"

Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: SFTP port: 21

Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: Preparing to copy the file(s) \\bhihnbwfa01\Groups\HRR_WFA\400_Dbs\Staging\p879934242_baker OBE.txt to /

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

One question: did you tried (test) to do the same thing, I mean to use the same parameters with FileZilla or any other SFTP Client that supports SFTP?

Please, let me know about the result...

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hi Cosmin,

I have come across the same Problem. When i try to send or get a file, it comes up with an error saying 

[SSISSFTTask] Error: Error : failed to send sftp request

The progress tab shows the process is till 'Preparing to Copy the Files from Local-path to Remote-path' and then comes up with this error.

I have used the FileZilla and it works fine with the File Transfers. Where is it going wrong?

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Thanks I downloaded FileZilla and I can connect and transfer the file using SFTP protocols.

When I use the Code Plex SFTP task I get the following connection error

[SSISSFTTask] Error: Error : timeout: socket is not established. Please check your username, password or port.

I am using the same password / username, port combination in filezilla and having no issues.

I was really hoping to use a task within SSIS to deliver the file. For now I am stuck with posting the file to a server then using filezilla to post to the SFTP site.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I am also facing the same error.

Can you please help. What needs to be done.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM

*BUMP*
we're also getting this infinite hanging of our unit test package to see if this will work.  

we have verified our sFTP login credentials, they work verbatim from Filezilla

Preparing to copy... 

We have to force kill the windows task as well.

Any ideas?  Is there a PASV or ACTIVE setting? 

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I feel like this is fixable, can anyone out there help me sort this out?  

When the package finally fails (trying to do a simple put or get)... here's the output

note it sits here trying to do "Preparing to copy the file(s)" for a long time before getting to that error

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" starting.
Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: START SFTP Task
Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: The rendered local path is: C:\tmp\test.txt
Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: SFTP Server: "staging.sakroots.weblinc.com", User "thesak-transfer"
Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: SFTP port: 22
Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: Preparing to copy the file(s) C:\tmp\test.txt to /
Error: 0x0 at SFTP Task, SSISSFTTask: Error : channel is broken
Warning: 0x80019002 at SFTP Task: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED.  The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: SFTP Task
Warning: 0x80019002 at Package: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED.  The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

May 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Hello cosmin,

is this thread still open?
We try to use your SSIS sftp component, but also face the "channel is broken" issue.
Component is long running keeping yellow, then stop with error.
Process informationen is like described in this thread above.

Help appreciated.

Thx in advance

Tokens