send file to sFTP doesnot work

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I have downloaded sFTP task in control flow. I am giving private key path in encryption details as file connection and as variable but it is not working.

Error Message:

[SSISSFTTask] Error: Problem & Source : The connection "@[User::private_key]" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.
 - Package1 -    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Connections.get_Item(Object index)
   at SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.SSISSFTTask.ExecutesSFTPCommands(IDTSComponentEvents componentEvents, Boolean refire, VariableDispenser variableDispenser, Connections connections, IDTSLogging log, Object transaction)

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Hi, let me know if your variable "private_key" is attached to the specific field. Please send me a screenshot of the component in edit mode by email! (cosmin.vlasiu@gmail.com) ...a screenshot like : http://download.codeplex.com/Download?ProjectName=ssissftp&DownloadId=275094

Thank you

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Hello, I have stored private key in a file with extension .enc(private_key.enc) and I am giving path of private_key.enc ("C:\..") in variable @[User::private_key]. Is sFTP task private key authenticated? Pass phrase is passphrase provided while generating public/private key(using PuttyGen)?and my ulimate goal is to send csv file to sFTP with private key as authentication on server.

Thanks

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hey Can you please look into the error? SFTP task is not accepting private key and giving me error - Invalid private key C:\......filename.ppk

Thank you for your help

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I am giving private key file's path in connection manager and getting below error message.

Error Message:

[SSISSFTTask] Error: Problem & Source : invaid privatekey: C:\Documents and Settings\demo\Desktop\private_key.ppk - SSISSFTPTask100 - at

Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.IdentityFile..ctor(String identity, JSch jsch)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.JSch.addIdentity(String foo, String bar)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.SshBase.AddIdentityFile(String privateKeyFile, String passphrase)
   at SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.Communication.AddEncryptionIfAvailable(Sftp sftp)
   at SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.Communication.SendFileBySFtp(String url, String login, String password,

String sourceFileName, String outputFileName)
   at SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.SSISSFTTask.ExecutesSFTPCommands(IDTSComponentEvents componentEvents,

Boolean refire, VariableDispenser variableDispenser, Connections connections, IDTSLogging log,

Object transaction)

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Ok, I see, the format of PuttyGen is not supported but the OpenSSH format is supported. You can use PuttyGen to convert your already generated file to an OpenSSH version. Take a look at "Conversions" menu (PuttyGen) and you will find "Export OpenSSH key".

Let me know if it works.

Thank you

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Thank you for your reply...Can you please add Error handling in sftp task?

It should check correct username,password and display error message.

Thanks & Regards

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I'll do it at some point, I hope I'll do it 'til the end of this month ... so far I have not enough time for that (at the moment), that's the problem :( ...

Regards