SSISSFTPTask.DLL Installation Issues

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Hey, i tried to follow the post of adding the SSISSFTP task, i followed the instructions carefully, i copied the dll file in the D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks\ folder and then i added the SFTP task from the toolbox items under the SSIS items, i see the sftp task in my toolbox but when i drag it onto the control flow, i get an error saying:

Failed to create the task.

Additional Information:
Cannot create a task with the name "SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.SSISSFTPTask, SSISSFTPTask100, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken= 4759794700908890". verify that the name is correct.

Someone, please help me regarding this issue asap as it is very important for my project.
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Hi,

You have to register the dll into GAC. It's very simple:
  1. You open a windows explorer (W1) that point to "C:\windows\assembly" and an another windows explorer that point to "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks\" (W2)
  2. You Drag and Drop the SSISSFTPTask100.dll from W2 to W1
  3. Congrats! :)
Oct 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Well, i did what you told me to do but it didnt work. I dragged that dll file to the assembly folder and tried to check that in my ssis package, it doesnt work. Also, the sftp task in my screen looks different than what it looks like in your tutorial.
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM
i tried the whole process again and this time it worked, i finally got the SFTP task, now the question is, is there something for SCP as well? I am using this to send files, some requirements have sftp and some requirements have SCP, i am not sure how to work with the SCP, please guide
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM
i tried the whole process again and this time it worked, i finally got the SFTP task, i just have to actually test it by sending a file so ill do that part later. Now the question is, if there is something similar for SCP? I am using this to send files, some requirements have SFTP and some requirements have SCP, i am not sure how to work with the SCP, please guide

Thanks,
Bhavneet Kamal
(765)-430-3417

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM
There is no functionality implemented capable to supports SCP, sorry.
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
so i am trying to send a file using the sftp task that i just created, i have a data flow task that feeds the query and creates a text file called try.txt and then i put the sftp information and put the local path but when i run the package it says the file does not exist, but the file is there. any help? What if i send you the package, could you take a look at it?

Thanks,
Bhavneet Kamal
(765)-430-3417

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Yes, I can but not today... I mean here's 5:30PM...
Anyway, I'm waiting for your package.
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM
please look into this, the credentials in sftp are not correct, i cannot provide them over the email. but you will get an idea and the error that i get is:
[SSISSFTTask] Error: Error : The connection "C:\Users\bkamal1\Desktop\Test\try.txt" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Thanks,
Bhavneet Kamal
(765)-430-3417

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Any updates?

Thanks,
Bhavneet Kamal
(765)-430-3417

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Look around : "The connection "C:\Users\bkamal1\Desktop\Test\try.txt" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.".

"This error is thrown by Connections collection": that means, you use a classic File Connection to connect to your file try.txt. In fact the file connection is crashing because it didn't found the file.
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
so, how do i resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Bhavneet Kamal
(765)-430-3417

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I have installed SSISSFTPTask100.dll in the GAC on a number om computers using your "trick" to drag&drop SSISSFTPTask100.dll into C:\Windows\Assembly using Windows Explorer. Now I tried to do the same on a customer's computer (Windows 2008 R2)- and it does not work. I get error message "Access denied: SSISSFTPTask100.dll"

I log on as local administrator, and open Windows Explorer from a command prompt started with "Run as administrator".
What more do I need to do? Searching the internet suggests turning off UAC or changing owner of the C:\Windows folder. I would not like to do either of this on customer's computer. Anyway, customer says UAC is turned off (though I am not sure this is correct).

I have used a couple of other "custom" SSIS-components that came with installation programs. Installing those components went without problems. Would it be possible for you to supply an installation program for SSISSFTPTask100.dll?
Oct 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM
I have no problem registering and running SSISSFTPTask100.dll on my Windows 7 workstation using Visual Studio 2012. Now, I'm trying to deploy my SSIS package to a Windows Server 2012 server running SQL Server 2012. I am not able to copy the SSISSFTPTask100.dll file to the C:\WINDOWS\ASSEMBLY directory. I do not have Visual Studio 2012 tools installed on the Windows Server 2012, so I can not run a Visual Studio Command Prompt and gacutil.exe. There must be some way to install this DLL in the GAC on Windows Server 2012?
Oct 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I've answered my own question about installation of this DLL on Windows Server 2012. There are two critical steps:
  1. Copy the SSISSFTPTask110.dll to the 32-bit directory for SSIS (even through my server is a 64-bit server):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Tasks\SSISSFTPTask110.dll
  2. Run the PowerShell commands that listed in the Documentation page, but use the 32-bit path:
    https://ssissftp.codeplex.com/documentation
  3. This is the critical missing piece: since I have a 64-bit Windows Server 2012 environment and SQL Server 2012, if I execute an SSIS package under SQL Server Agent, it will run in the 64-bit environment by default, but it will fail since this DLL is a 32-bit DLL. So within my SQL Server Agent job step for the SSIS package, I needed to navigate to the package Configuration tab, then Advanced tab, then check the box for "32-bit runtime".
This screen shot from someone else shows the location of this "32-bit runtime" checkbox:
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014 at 1:48 PM
on https://ssissftp.codeplex.com/releases/view/135131 page,

you'll find:

PS:
  1. Please pay attention and eventually edit the .ps1 files with the appropriate values concerning the paths to .dll file

2. Please run your package which contains this component in 32 bits mode

So, "the critical missing piece" is not missing, the confusion appears because the documentation page is not up to date. And effectively, thank you for this remark.

Thank you,
Cosmin