Can't use SFTP Component

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I use Windows XP SP3 with all Frameworks and SQL 2008 R2 BIDS.  I've used GACUTIL from Framework 4 SDK to register SFTP component. After that I was able to create a package with SFTP. It's supposed to get the file from the remote SFTP site with the private key.

In the local path I put C:\ and in the remote path I put - /FromEmblem/Acute IP QLIMG February 2012.xls.

When I run the package I receive the error:

[SSISSFTTask] Error: Error : The connection "c:\" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

I've tried other folder instead of C:\, but the result is the same.

Please advice me what to do. Thank you in advance.

Alex

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Hi,

try to put your paths like "c:\" and "/FromEmblem/Acute IP QLIMG" into some variables, use these variables... and let me know if it works.

Thank you,
Cosmin 

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Hi, Cosmin,

I can’t follow your advice, because the f(x) TAB for the Local Path is dimmed.

Other similar TABS are not dimmed, but if I use the variable for the Remote Path, the Expression section in the Expression builder shows the value of the string instead of the variable name and therefore I can’t save the expression.

Thank you,

Alexander Gofman
Applications and Database Administrator
Queens-Long Island Medical Group
800 Axinn Avenue

Garden City, NY 11530
agofman@qlimg.com
Office: (516) 542-5572
Fax: (516) 941-3989

Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:41 AM
To: Gofman, Alexander
Subject: Re: Can't use SFTP Component [ssissftp:349911]

Hi,

try to put your paths like "c:\" and "/FromEmblem/Acute IP QLIMG" into some variables, use these variables... and let me know if it works.

Thank you,
Cosmin

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Hi Alexander, 

Can you send me a screenshot of the "Task Properties" window and a screenshot of the "Progress" tab (or Output window)?

Thank you,
Cosmin

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

PS: for the screen-shots... please send them using my personal email address ... you'll find it on http://ssissftp.codeplex.com/ (on the bottom of the page)

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:46 AM
I am having the same issue - can't add the local path as a variable as the fx button is greyed out - anything that I put into the local path is not recognised and the task fails with the error 'Connection not found' - is there a solution for this?!
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2014 at 6:05 AM
Hi, Please check the "Variable / f(x)" radio button!