Error getting file from SFTP server

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Hello, this is a problem similar to one discussed before and the advice was to use the latest version of the component. I'm using the latest version of the component and still have the issue.

I'm using SilverSHield v5 for Windows as the SFTP server  and I have no trouble listing the remote files. I also have no trouble retrieving files using FileZilla or Putty's sftp utility either.

When I try to get a file using the component, I get the following error:

Information: 0x0 at SFTP Task - Get transactions files from SFTP server, SSISSFTTask: Preparing to copy the file /myfile.txt to C:\temp\SftpReceive\myfile.txt
Error: 0x0 at SFTP Task - Get transactions files from SFTP server, SSISSFTTask: Problem & Source : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - SSISSFTPTask100 -    at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.Session.disconnect()
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.SshBase.Close()
   at SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.Communication.GetFileBySFtp(String url, String login, String password, String sourceFileName, String outputFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at SSISSFTPTask100.SSIS.SSISSFTTask.ExecutesSFTPCommands(IDTSComponentEvents componentEvents, Boolean refire, VariableDispenser variableDispenser, Connections connections, IDTSLogging log, Object transaction)

Do you know what may be causing this exception?

Thank you in advance.

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hi, 

Can you send me by email (you'll find it on the homepage) a screenshot of the Properties Window of the component?

Thank you, 
Cosmin

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Cosmin, thank you for your help.

It appears that the problem was resolved by using the latest build (1.3.6). It had to do with us using wildcards for the Remote Path without indicating the remote path on the server (*.txt instead of /*.txt). It seems to be working well for us now.