File count as a result variable

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Dear cosminfr, I really appreciate your sFTP task, and am slowly transferring my SFTP jobs to it. I have an additional request for the "get files" and maybe even "list directory" and "put files" functions : can we have a count of the actual files transferred (or found when listing directory) stored to a user variable ? I imagine creating an int32 variable like vFileCount and then in the dialog box have another dropdown for filecount where I can select this vFileCount. Next when I use a wildcard for the transfer of files, like "*.txt", the result would be SUCCESS, and the varibale would be populated with the number of files matching the wildcard and thus transferred. I could then log this filecount variable and easily track sFTP-job functionality. Kindest thanks for your consideration, Peter

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hi Peter,

It seems to be absolutely feasible your request. I cannot promise that will release a new version today or tomorrow, but I will do all my best!

Cosmin

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Hi Peter,

Let me know if you're thankful with the new version that contains the requested feature?

Cosmin.

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Dear Cosmin, I will test this first thing after the weekend. Already much gratitude for your swift response, Peter

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Dear Cosmin,

Sorry for late reply.

I am running the version I downloaded yesterday 24/1/2012 and the filecount functionality is not obvious to me. Is there an easy way to count the number of records in the "object" resultset (then I could use that resultset as an intermediary), or do I need to write a script task to count the resultset ?

Kindest thanks, and greetings, Peter